GeoDD has the acumen and experience to tackle your law enforcement challenges head on. We work with precincts and community leaders to increase safety and improve citizens’ quality of life.
What we can do for you
Officer-Enhanced Data Analysis
The observations and experiences of every day law enforcement professionals offer immense informational value. While not hard evidence, this intuitive data often plays a role in the analysis of a given situation. Using today’s technology, we can take that insight to the next level – and use it to inform, enhance and augment other data-driven methods of crime analysis, prediction and vulnerability indexing to enable more effective policing.
We can do this by:
- Capturing and using data from individual officer experiences that is currently not available to the force at large
- Reducing the collection effort on the agents in the field through mobile technologies
- Reducing the organization of multiple agents’ intuitions into a single data store
- Decreasing the time until data analysis can begin
- Increasing the speed of decision making by making available data that traditionally has only been within the minds of the officers
Trust and Transparency Programs
The challenge of maintaining and strengthening the lines of communication between law enforcement and the community at large can be daunting. If achieved, the positive results are clear: departments can provide more focused and immediate application of police resources, promote better officer performance and shape strategies more quickly to address the current realities of a complex community.
We can do this through an integrated strategy that includes:
Outreach and Survey Tools
- Discover neighborhood-level gaps in trust and communication.
- Capture intangible factors (fear, satisfaction, etc.)
- Identify and fill knowledge gaps (e.g., ignorance about police needs, etc.)
Monitor Officer Stress
- Capture information from police through a personal heart rate monitoring device
- Aggregate data for analysis to see stress patterns and determine officers need for support.
- Provide baseline for acceptable levels of environmental stress on officers.
- Detailed maps for policing decisions that show precise locations and characteristics of neighborhoods with gaps between community and police trust and engagement.
- Integrated with internal/external data sources providing real-time situational awareness.
- Real-time open communication channel for police/community collaborations
- Provides the public with valuable information about crime activity by neighborhood
- Channel to connect, inform and exchange information between citizens and law enforcement
“I want to congratulate you on being a unique team of energetic and talented professionals … you make a real difference to clients.” – FEDERAL MOTOR CARRIER SAFETY ADMINISTRATION (FMCSA)
“What you can provide should be of serious interest to town officials.” …Executive Assistant Chief of Police of large metropolitan area.